The key points:
- If you email me, I will share your email address only with your written permission.
- Email addresses and comments are the only personal data collected via this website that I monitor. It is my strict policy to 1) disable all settings in WordPress.org (which I use for this website) and plugins that could possibly collect other personal data about website visitors and 2) to ignore any such data if it is still automatically collected by WordPress.org or plugins.
- If you have any concerns or questions about privacy, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website address is: https://douglastoft.com.
If your email address is collected on this website so that you can subscribe to blog posts:
- We will share your email address only with your written permission.
- We will notify you immediately if a data breach occurs and correct the problem.
- We will delete all records of your email address at any time, at your request.
For users that register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form. We also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Doug Toft via email at doug.toft.gmail.com.
Note: If you previously registered as a subscriber and find that you are no longer receiving blog posts, please accept our apologies. You can register again at any time.